Tertiary Students To Receive 100,000 Laptops

Tertiary Students To Receive 100,000 Laptops

UPDATE: Click here to see the list…

The government is to distribute 100,000 laptops to tertiary students across the country to support their research work.

President John Mahama, who made this known, said the presentation of the laptops to the students, which would begin by the end of this year, was to enable the students to conduct research that could yield the needed results to support the country’s development efforts.

The President was speaking at the National Youth Achievers Awards at the Accra International Conference Centre Thursday.

The idea of the awards was mooted by President Mahama when he was Vice-President and sponsored by rlg Communications Limited to honour the youth who have distinguished themselves in various fields of endeavour.

The awards cover the media, literary arts, visual arts, music, science, film production, fashion, academic excellence and rural development.

Mr Mike Nyinaku, a young entrepreneur, emerged the winner of the Youth Personality Award (Male Division), while Ms Eunice Ogbogu, also an entrepreneur, won the Youth Personality Award (Female Division).

The Media Excellence Award was jointly won by Manasseh Azure Awuni and Anas Aremeyaw Anas, while Ms Jackie Appiah and Ms Shirley Frimpong-Manso were adjudged winners in the performing arts and film categories, respectively.

The Black Maidens won the sports category, with Ms Farida Efua Bedwei, a physically challenged athlete, taking the special award.
A former captain of the Black Stars, Stephen Appiah, was the proud recipient of the Leadership Award.

The President said he was of the conviction that the youth were the present and future leaders of the country.

He said it was for that reason that the government had dedicated itself to build their capacity and create job avenues for them.

For instance, he said, the National Youth Employment Programme (NYEP) had been transformed to offer more skills training to the youth to make them employable on the job market.

Again, the government was coming up with a youth entrepreneur programme to support the youth to establish their own small and medium-scale enterprises, he said.

The President said the government would give the seed money for the youth to start their business under the programme and urged the private sector to come on board to contribute towards the programme.

On the elections, President Mahama urged the youth not to allow any selfish politician to use them to visit mayhem on their perceived political opponents.

He reminded them that the future of Ghana was in their hands, hence the need for them to jealously protect the country’s peace.

The President congratulated the award winners on their achievement and asked them to continue to explore other avenues of enriching themselves.

He asked other youth to be creative and innovative to develop their potential and be in a better position to contribute significantly to the country’s socio-economic development.

By Daily Graphic

1. kayabafuseini says:

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

2. Fabian Yaw Edu says:

i want to have laptop for feather education and can help me for better skills and study. And i can research information. Pls. i need one so contact this number 0243219945 or 0276187417 or 0249123378

3. Musah Abdul Salam says:

i wish to apply for a laptop under Better Ghana Agenda ICT project. I hope application will be considered.

4. twumasi daniel says:

kumasi polytechnic
    box 854
    electrical and electronic
    engineering
    H N D
    I wish to apply for the better Ghana laptop for my
    project work.I wish my application will be granted thank you.

5. Kyeremeh Mensah Samuel says:

I’m a Diploma holder and I want continue my education. I need the better Ghana laptop to enhance my education. Contact No. 0243216668 / 0209255046 / 0268685710

6. akyeam emmanuel says:

emmanuel akyeam,
    adventist high school,
    airport ridge extension,
    p.o.box 1797,
    takoradi,
    general arts,
    0236178663

7. Abutiate samuel kojo says:

Am reading building technology (b-tech)at capecoast poly and Please i need a laptop to enhance me make detailed research during my thesis.below is my contact address:c/o Mr. George Boafo,Cape coast polytechnic,p.o.box AD 50,Adisadel-cape coast.0247809884

8. Alhassan Abdul Kahar says:

A student of Tamale Institute of Bussiness Studies Senior High School at fuo campus home department first year Post Office Box 1271E/R,Tamale.I would be grateful if could allowed me to apply for the Better Ghana Agenda Laptops.These are some reason why i want to apply for the laptops:As a student you should research,Also,you need entertain yourself (as they all work no play makes a juck dull boy)etc.I hope that if i had the laptop these problem would not disturb me in my studies.Thank you.Contact no 0247126701

9. nnadozie sheriff says:

I need the ghana better laptop but i am a bece student at ecowas .email : bobbynnadozie@gmail.com contact;+22899054370

10. PRINCE GADZEKPE says:

i am student of Dzolo senior High school and am offering Business.i wish to apply for the better Ghana agenda laptops to enable me have easy learning and making of research to broaden my mind as Accounting student.i hope my request will be granted.Thank you.0248157822

11. mohammed shaibu iddrisu says:

I am a student of takoradi polytechnic offering HND accounting with ID 07103895 wish to apply for better ghana agenda project in order to enhance my studies.I hope my application would be granted.
    0247885774
    Yours faithful

12. SAEED MUSAH MOHAMMED says:

I AM A STUDENT AT THE UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION WINNEBA OFFERING BSC.ACCOUNTING EDUCATION AND WISH TO APPLY FOR A BETTER GHANA AGENDA LAPTOPS TO ENHANCE MY PROJECT AND HOPE MY REQUEST WILL BE GRANTED.0545223927/0262503127

13. Agbota theophilus says:

I am astudent of sokode senior high school, i want to apply for the better ghana laptop for further research iam a general art student.box hp45 Ho.

14. HAMZA ALHASSAN says:

I NEED A LAPTOP SO THAT I CAN BE ABLE TO RESEARCH ON THE COURSE I OFFER TO MAKE ME A BETTER STUDENT..hamzaaalhassan52@yahoo.com…num..0249135169

15. HAMZA ALHASSAN says:

I NEED A LAPTOP SO THAT I CAN BE ABLE TO RESEARCH ON THE COURSE I OFFER TO MAKE ME A BETTER student.. STUDENT..hamzaaalhassan52@yahoo.com…num..0249135169

16. YAHAYA YAKUBU FROM TAMALE POLY says:

When shall we recieve ours?