President John Mahama Reshuffles Regional Ministers.
Read the press statement from the Presidency below.
Part of the vision of the administration of His Excellency JOHN DRAMANI MAHAMA, President of the Republic of Ghana, is to transform the Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs) into incubators and realisers of local level development that brings real, immediate and sustainable development opportunities, benefits and services to the people of Ghana.
In line with this vision, in order for Regional Ministers to focus mainly on the political and technical coordination of the development efforts of MMDAs, and as a measure to foster national unity, integration and cohesion, the President has effected the following Ministerial reshuffle:
1. The Ashanti Regional Minister, MR. SAMUEL SARPONG, moves to the Central Region.
2. The Brong Ahafo Regional Minister, MR. ERIC OPOKU, moves to the Ashanti Region.
3. The Central Regional Minister, MR. EBENEZER KWADWO TEYE ADDO, moves to the Western Region.
4. The Eastern Regional Minister, MR. JULIUS DEBRAH, moves to the Greater Accra Region.
5. The Greater Accra Regional Minister, NII LARYEA AFOTEY AGBO, moves to the Volta Region.
6. The Upper East Regional Minister, DR. EPHRAIM AVEA NSOH, moves to the Upper West Region.
7. The Upper West Regional Minister, MR. BEDE ANWATAAZUMO ZIEDENG, moves to the Northern Region.
8. The Volta Regional Minister, MRS. HELEN NTOSO, moves to the Eastern Region.
9. The Western Regional Minister, MR. PAUL EVANS AIDOO, moves to the Brong Ahafo Region.
10. Minister of State at the Presidency, Alhaji Limuna Mohammed Muniru, moves to the Upper East as Ag. Regional Minister.